Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Critical Resource :-)

Today I am here to cite an unusual and somewhat humorous incident that happened with me. I guess most of my friends know that I got my Left hand “fractured” few months back and doctor suggested me rest for few days. So I took leave for about 6 weeks……

Finally, when I got bored staying at home for so long, I decided to resume office. Initially I felt that something fishy is going on in office on my back. As global economy was already going under recession, so was IT industry and news of Layoffs started coming up from different MNC .At this, I thought that one day it is going to happen with me also. Due to my so called attendance record, I would be the first one to be laid off from my team if my company decides to do so.

And in the mean time, there comes news that in my own firm, employees are asked to take forced earned leaves (trick used especially to improve the balance sheet of Company) .Now I start seeing stars in the daylight. To save my neck, I start to show some involvement in my work, to behave sincere and responsible. Oh my God!!! But it took only 2 weeks to got to know that it is too hard to be regular at work.. I felt that I m working like ass for centuries……………….

Soon after, on one good day, my manager called me up to his room. I was feeling that something bad is about to come. I cowered, hesitated but left with no choice but to face it. At last I gather up all my courage and went to his seat. Then we had some serious talk and when i came out of his room, me face is filled with a big smile, the smile of Victory.

Guess what? Showing sheer confidence in my capabilities, he said “Dude, you are one of the critical resources of our Team so I can’t let you go, hence this forced leaves concept is not applied to you……………..”

My face still glow up when I remember the words he utters. And now again I am planning for some unplanned leaves……………………………………………………..

1 comment:

  1. Life comes full circle. Your straight-from-heart incident has been described with utmost sincerity and affection. A small reflection of innocence in the words used make it even more musings...

    Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete